Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Time for a Rant...

I hate it when people treat me like a brainless idiot. It happened today. There is some understanding as to why I was treated this way, but it was still really irritating. At work, we are replacing some computers. Our IT company sent a representative to do the installation. He is also a volunteer fire fighter who was on call today. While in our office, his radio started going off and I heard him talk to my office manager about a "small plane with 2 passengers" (really... that's all I heard). Naturally, my interest was peaked, mainly information gathering at the time. I asked, "What did he say?" to which my manager told me to go back to my office and she would find out. Part one of the problem: she thought I was concerned that it was my husband. She told the IT guy to "watch what he says about the airport/airplane in the office" because I am married to a pilot who works out of the airport. Second part of the problem: the guy decided to come back into my office to inform me of the nature of the radio call and that it is routine and usually not a problem...

Now, this is not my first time at a farm! 1 - I know that not all "emergencies" are actual emergencies. 2 - I know that if it was something serious involving my husband, I would get a phone call from his company. The guy doesn't know that I have experience with aviation, so I can kind of excuse the way he talked down to me (like I was going to start getting hysterical or something) but MAN!!! I am not stupid. Now, maybe if he was in the Coast Guard being deployed to look for a "Red-Tail", that might be cause for concern. But the FD being put on alert because someone is declaring an emergency because they are not getting an indicator light showing their landing gear is down? Please....

Rant over.

No comments: