Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Job Update...

A called me today to fill me in on what happened after he got to Fairbanks. He told me that once he goes through ground school, that he would basically come home (yay!) until his flight training starts. Now... Flight training is based on seniority. They basically take one at a time depending on where they fall in seniority. Seniority is based on the date of ground school, then by age. Since A is probably the youngest person in the company, let alone his ground school class, it may be a month or 2 before they get to him. That sounds great, in theory, and it would be AWESOME to have him home for that long if we could survive on my income alone. Alas, we cannot, and it has been his income that has primarily paid for the mortgage, etc...

Can you picture me tightening my belt? Sure, I knew you could...

I guess time will tell, and all of our changes that have happened without us planning them have turned out better than expected, but for the short term, I worry about it. Maybe it won't take them too long to get his flight training done. Heck... I probably shouldn't start worrying until after he passes his ground school.

No comments: