Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lack of Information...

Am I the only one who is frustrated by the lack of information for the Paralympics? I mean, when the Olympics is going on, it's on every channel, on every news webpage, in every newspaper... But when the paralympics is going on, there is very little, even when you do a search on the paralympics... I remember when I was living in Salt Lake during the winter games, I don't remember anything for the paralympics... Isn't this a little weird? I mean, the only way I even knew that the paralympics were going on right now is that a local Juneau man who is on the national wheelchair rugby team won a gold medal and they put the picture on the front page of our local paper. No article about it, just the picture...

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, or I don't have all the "sports" channels on my cable that would show these games...

Maybe these games just aren't as popular as the Olympics, but it almost seems like the able-bodied public don't really care about those people who overcome adversity to compete athletically on a world level... Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems weird to me...

No comments: