Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Early Morning Post...

I know for most of my readers that you all have been up for hours and are well into your day by now. For me, it is still before 7 AM and I too have been up for hours. A ended up not having to leave yesterday for work, but he does have to get out this morning. I got up at 5 am, he got up before that. We got ready and loaded the car and went and got some Red Bull (for him, not me... I can't stand the stuff), only to find the airport socked in, flights last night cancelled, and the lobby full and flights over booked for the morning. Great.... He has to be in Kenai today to start his flight training tomorrow... That means that now we HAVE to buy a ticket instead of him jumpseating like we were planning and he has to shift his schedule around so he can still get to Kenai (he has a connecting flight in Anchorage that we've had to change already).

That's one thing that sucks about only one airline servicing your home town. Alaska Airlines is cutting back flights in/out of Juneau, so they are pretty well full up on any flight out of here (except maybe the "milk run" as I don't usually check the status of those flights due to the fact that I don't want to make 5 stops between here and Anchorage or here and Seattle.) The weather can turn here in a matter of minutes, so flights are constantly getting cancelled. It's frustrating. It's also one of the reasons that we own our own airplane, but he can't fly it right now because it's down for maintenance. So we are at the mercy of Alaska Airlines...

I will be taking him back to the airport in about an hour or so, and then making my way off to work. I hope he gets out today. He has to fly tomorrow...

No comments: