Day 6 ended with my ceiling all one color and some of my walls covered in overspray. It didn't matter to me. The engineer met with me this afternoon to have me sign the closing documents and asked me what I wanted them to do about it. He said "we can match the paint on the walls and come back in on Monday and touch it up." My reply was, "Why do that when we are going to re-paint the walls a "color" in a few months? It doesn't make sense for you guys to do all that extra work just for us to "un-do" it later." So that was the end of that.
They also told me today that they broke my desk in my office... I wasn't TERRIBLY upset, mainly because they just broke one of the shelves on the top of my desk, but it was the shelf that my "little" computer usually sits, so I can't use it at this point. They are going to replace it for me. I have to go out tomorrow and scour the stores (there aren't many here) to see if someone has a desk I like and then I'll call them up and they'll go buy it and deliver it to my house. He gave me a range of approx $200 for a new desk, which I can totally do. I was thinking like $100, but that's only because I'm cheap. I'll see what I can find. I'm being pretty reasonable about the whole thing because they didn't break any of my electronics (boy am I glad I moved everything off my desk and into my dining room last weekend) and I wasn't really attached to that desk anyway. It was a crappy garage sale find when I moved here and I was planning on replacing later anyway.
The living room is in a new configuration. Aaron gets home in a little over an hour and a half, so he'll get to weigh in on how it looks. If he doesn't like it, we'll change it back, but I hope he likes it well enough to keep it. The room is a lot more open. If it stays the way it is now, I'll take a picture and post it.