Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

What to write...

I'm sitting here thinking about what to talk about today. We didn't get to go to the movies yesterday. I was feeling good enough to go to work today, but I ended up losing my voice on several phone calls I needed to make. My co-workers were trying to protect themselves as if I were Drakula (fingers made into a cross, garlic necklaces being talked about, you know, the usual). LOL. I'm glad I went in because I had so much work to do that I couldn't do it all in one day. So I'll have stuff to do tomorrow. Yay!

A passed his written exam for him to be a Flight Engineer, so Yay A! Now he is just waiting for them to call him back for flight training. I'm sure it'll be like last time and he'll have to leave at a moment's notice. Although, now he can jumpseat, so that is good.

We are looking at having to do a thorough clean on the house to prepare for the roof workers. They have to do a lot of work inside the house, accessing the beam to check for rot. The good thing is that they will be done in about 4 days. The bad thing is that I have to clear out my office and shove my furniture in my living room into my dining room to protect it. And I'll have to take Noni with me to work while they are here, if A isn't going to be home when they get to our unit.

I'm still looking for a part time job to help make ends meet. I'm hoping to find something that I can do from home, but I won't know until next month if we can make it work. If anyone has any experience with doing stuff from home for a part time income, please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're better today than yesterday (but not as good as tomorrow!). I called A today & got his voice mail so left a message. Love you guys!!

Cherokee Dad said...

I'm hoping you feel lots better by now and A huge congratulations to A for passing his FAA Flight Engineer's exam. That's another goal A has surpassed me in. I've never taken this exam to fly Commercially as A will soon do now. We're very proud of you.