Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Been Busy...

It's been a pretty busy and boring week so far. We found out that a house we were paying combined mortgage and condo dues of $1600/mo is now going to be more like $2000/mo, on less salary, no less. With the high cost of living, especially here in AK, we are adding a "fuel assesment" charge and a "roof replacement" charge to our condo dues, and our mortage went up due to a "miscalculation" for our escrow account that pays for our property taxes. Honestly, it couldn't have happened at a better time [dripping with sarcasm].

I'm not due for a raise at work until December, so that won't help much. A took a pretty substantial pay cut to take his new job. I just got turned down for a part time job at a store here. Aparently I'm not the only one in Juneau who needs to get a second job to make ends meet. I was told that the shift I was looking to do was already full up on workers from the state.

I'm not sure how well I'll do finding something for evenings/weekends until the holdiays come around. I guess we'll have to see where we are at then. In the meantime, the search is still on. It would be ideal for me to find something that I could do from home in the evenings/weekends, especially since A will be gone so much. It'll at least give me something to do.

No comments: