Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Working out sucks...

But the rewards are worth it.

I have a goal of being back down to a size 10 by the time I hit 29. I know, it's a lofty goal, but I figure I need to have one...

On Sunday, I shoveled snow mid-day (a lot of it...) and in the evening, I did an aerobics workout on DVD. I had originally planned on joining a gym, but with the state of the economy, and A's hours being cut back until April, we can't afford it right now. I then remembered that I own 3 "workout" DVD's that I have accumulated. Two of which, I found in the $5 bin at WalMart.

Anyway, that left today with shoveling snow (Imagine That!), taking Noni on a short walk (there is so much snow piled up in my "front yard" that she gets confused as to where she can do her "poops and peeps"), and a pilates workout. I am already sore...

I figure that I can alternate between the short aerobics workout and the pilates workout every other day. And, on the days I don't feel like doing that, or I'm just too sore to do anything that strenuous, I'll pop in my Tai-Chi DVD. It's still a workout, but a little bit low-key, so I'm not as likely to aggrivate my back or my knees.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, I refuse to weigh myself during this process. The only time I'll get weighed is when I return to the doctor at the end of March, to see if my new diet/exercise plan is helping to re-balance my cholesterol. Until then, I will live in ignorance, and hopefully, my "fat" pants will get baggier, and my "tight" pants will get looser. (Basically that I'll fit into everything labled with a #12 better)

Here's hoping!

1 comment:

Lee said...

I need to start working out. I think I'll start slow by taking the dog for a walk on my lunch break. A short 10 minute walk, otherwise I won't have time to eat. I could always just bring her to work with me and pack a lunch as well. We'll see how things work out. Good luck with your new exercise routine.