Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

An Eventful-Uneventful Day...

I know... that title is a little misleading and confusing... but I had a pretty laid back day today that I filled with a lot of stuff that wasn't planned and had a blast doing...

First, I actually wore my contacts... I haven't worn them all week for fear that the last time I did, I scratched my eye, and I didn't want to aggravate it... They are monthly disposable ones (my trial pair, still) and my new contacts were supposed to be here 2 weeks ago... Well, almost 2 weeks ago... Hopefully they come soon... I can tell these ones are getting to the end of their life. It'll be nice to have ones that easily fit on my eye rather than stuck to my finger...

Then I had a much-needed coffee date with my friend. We both had pretty crappy weeks and needed to talk. With her busy/hectic/kid-filled life and my "I want you to help me with the plane" husband, we don't normally have time to talk. We found that we have to schedule time with each other with no distractions in order to have a decent conversation. It was nice to catch up. I can't wait to see her when we go on our trip next year. It has been years!

While talking to my friend for our "coffee date", I walked around our lovely craft store in the mall. Decided that I should teach myself to knit. I've done it once before, shown by a lovely girl who I worked with, to give me something to do while I worked in a call center in between calls... I haven't done it since. Crochet, yes, knit, no. So I purchased a couple of knitting needles and a book that claims will teach me to knit in a day. So far, I've learned how to start it (can't remember the terminology at the moment) and how to do a "knit" stitch. However, I didn't pay attention (or couldn't find the information in the book when I bought it due to my weirdo contacts) to the size knitting needles that I needed to "learn" how to knit. I got ones suggested in one of the patterns since I couldn't find it, and then after I got home, I discovered the correct size required. So, my sample isn't looking like it should since I am using standard yarn and the needles are too big... Oh well, it's just to learn how to do it, then I'll do a scarf with the correct size yarn. I haven't learned to "Perl" yet

I vacuumed my living room. And I went grocery shopping. It's the first of the month and I am flush with cash (at least in my mind I am...)

I discovered some unidentifiable substance on my old desk (that is acting as a second work surface in my home office) that the hubby used while he was soldering stuff a week ago... Since I don't know what it is (and I wasn't the one to make the mess) I have to leave it there for the hubby to clean when he gets back. (And I know you are reading this, so consider this your warning... I do not want to have to "nag" you to clean up your mess, but I will if I have to...) I was hoping to use that space to help me organize stuff for filing and whatnot, but now I have to use the floor since it is a mess...

Now, I am watching the dog sit in the doorway to my home office, whining, because it is "bed time." She gets vocal when she feels that I should be in bed. I know... I have a weird dog...

2 comments:

GeronimoDriver said...

Could be resin, unmixed epoxy, cosmoline from the panels or any number of random goo's that seem to inhabit airplane bits...

danette said...

Glad you had a good day!