Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

I know... this is nit-picky...

I was excited to watch "Northern Lights" on Lifetime over the weekend. It is one of my favorite Nora Roberts books and was intrigued to see how they depicted it in movie format...

Overall, it was OK. Much like "Montana Sky" before it, a lot of story was left out, vital parts were changed, etc... It kind of upsets me to know that after all that work that Ms. Roberts does to research her stories to make them more accurate, they screw up her story in the movies. I guess if she doesn't mind, why should I? I'll tell you why...

They went through the hassle of rounding up Alaska license plates, changing the fictional town to depict something that might be seen in AK, but the airplanes they used all had Canadian registration... If they couldn't have gotten a hold of an American airplane, couldn't they have digitally removed the C# and put on an N#? It would have made it more realistic for me... I know, they probably filmed it in Canada, and no offense to Canadians, but this film/story is set in Alaska, as in the United States of America... The could have done their homework and done something about the N#...

And on another point... The chick had 2 HUSKIES in the book, not ONE freaky-looking boxer-type dog...

The rest of it was close enough to the book to not have me complain about... Other than the fact that the movie was mostly the two main characters writhing around in bed together, and the book has much more substance to it...

No comments: