Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Babysitters...

I have to go away overnight for business this week, and my lovely husband is out of town to work... That leaves us with having to find a babysitter for the dog...

Luckily, the wife of one of my co-workers has agreed to watch her for me. So today, I took Noni over to their house to see how well she gets along with the wife (she already ADORES my co-worker, as she spent a lot of time in his office while she was with me at work... he was sneaking her treats...) and how well she gets along with their other two dogs... I wasn't nervous about her meeting the other dogs, until I met the dogs...

They are HUGE!!!! One is a purebred English Lab (or retriever, I can't remember). He looks to me like a cross between a Mastiff and a Golden Lab... The other is TALL TALL TALL... He came up to my hip, and no, he isn't a Great Dane... The English Lab just had surgery earlier in the week, so he is being restricted on movement until he heals up, but that didn't stop him from OBVIOUSLY invading Noni's space. She wasn't very comfortable with him running around the house, and would hide behind my chair under the bar until he laid down or went outside...

The other one was extremely playful. We let Noni and the tall dog run around outside and chase each other. She would play with him, but was very wary of him because he is so large. If he got too close, she would yelp as if he stepped on her (which, of course, he didn't, she's just a yelper)...

The wife LOVED her and said she will enjoy a smaller dog who can snuggle with her on the couch and in bed, since her husband will be out of town with everyone else. I feel pretty comfortable leaving Noni with her.

It'll also be nice having her stay with someone who will return her to me without the smell of pot on her... But that's another story...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You can't just leave us hanging! Let's hear about the pot: )!

Lee said...

The lab is probably a Labrador Retriever as English Labs are actually smaller than the retrievers. Just some trivia.