Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Flu...

I heard on the radio that the flu is going around town... It was then confirmed by a friend of mine, who's son was REALLY sick with the flu... That's just great...

I did not get a flu shot this year, nor will I. I don't believe in flu shots. That's OK if you believe in flu shots, but my philosophy goes more in line with letting my body fight it off. That's what bodies do... And the team of naturopathic/chiropractic doctors don't hurt either. Last time I had the flu, I was given several chiropractic treatments that kick-started my immune system, a couple of natural remedies and sent to bed. It lasted a couple of days tops... I think my fever broke the day after the treatments, when everyone else in the house was sick for over a week... I don't care if you think chiropractic and naturopathy is voodoo or not (my husband follows this line of thinking)... I know what works for my body system, so why mess with what works?

So, I really hope I don't get sick with the flu this year, but I won't be surprised if I do... I have a chiro appointment later this week and I'll have her work her magic on me... (Oh, for anyone out there who thinks I mean a "rack-em & crack-em" chiropractor, I don't. I always look for chiro's who do SOT -Sacral-Occipital Technique- which works the best for me. These chiro's are hard to find, but they are out there... I'm really lucky to have one in Juneau, because the only other one in the state is in Anchorage...)

2 comments:

Someday said...

A healthy dose of handwashing never hurts either. I'm knocking on my faux wood desk here. I have haven't had a flu shot, ever, and I haven't had the flu in over twenty years. I don't believe in them either.

Lee said...

DH doesn't believe in flu shots but everyone in the house, except him, gets them. R.L. couldn't handle it with his asthma and MIL has diabetes and so we don't want her to get sick either. With me being preggo. . . My boss had the flu and she was down for 5 days (not working, I mean) but still isn't up to par. I hope we don't get it at our house.