Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My "Project"

The task of cleaning anything that needs to be cleaned on the plane, has been given to me...

OK, I guess you could say that I volunteered for that one. A has been having "fun" doing all the cool stuff that needs to be done, so today I asked to do one "special" thing (clean/polish the seat rails) that has expanded into basically all metal bits that need to be cleaned and/or polished...

Which is just fine with me. It gives me a set project, one where I don't have to have a lot of direction on, and I can't really screw it up, so Yay Me!

The seat rails are my priority, I guess... They are the first pieces of hardware to be installed back in the plane (on top of the new carpet), so they have to be done "first" and they have to be done well... Let the anal-retentive aspect of my personality rear it's ugly head, because I am not putting dirty parts back in the airplane. Heck, if I had my way (and I knew it wouldn't damage the airplane), I'd take after the plane with some Formula 409 or some similar product and make every square inch sparkle, inside and out!

On the plus side, it was in the 50's today and sunny! We had the hanger door open for some natural light (trying to keep electricity use down, since we are now paying 30 cents/kwh. - half of what we paid right after the last avalanche, but still triple what we usually pay...) and I didn't freeze at all. At least, not until the sun went down...

No comments: