Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

A day of shopping...

I decided to go shopping today. Normally, I will not voluntarily "go shopping", especially by myself. I hate being in crowd, and I usually get so anxious that I'll go in, grab what I need, and leave IMMEDIATELY! This habit of mine usually results in clothes that don't fit (because I either didn't try it on, or I tried it on, saw it fit, but didn't really get a good look at HOW it was fitting) and me forgetting must need items in my haste to depart. Taking a list of what I need will help to alleviate my anxiety (and my forgetfulness) but it depends on the day that I am shopping, and the time of day... I've been known to plan a very detailed shopping list (like down to which items I need, on which aisle, in the order of direction through the store) and NOT use my list in a somewhat mild panic attack.

Seeing me in a store (let alone 4 stores) in the middle of a Saturday usually gives people cause to wonder about my sanity... Like, if I'm medicated or something...

Nevertheless, I voluntarily went out in the middle of a Saturday (sans medication), with no set shopping plan in mind. I had a few things that I wanted to scope out, but nothing too terribly specific.

I walked away with 3 books (they were buy 2-get one free for paperbacks), a can opener (my "cheap" one that I bought when I moved here SUCKS and our "decent/cheap" one rusted while in storage...) and a laundry sorter. What a great shopping day!

One thing that I was trying to find, that I was quite irritated that I haven't been able to locate, is maternity clothes... No, I am not pregnant, but I have a friend who is, who is also having trouble finding maternity clothes, especially that she can wear in her profession...

So I decided to see what is available here. I went to 2 malls, the Wal-Mart and the Fred Meyer and NO ONE has "maternity" clothes. The closest I could come is the plus sizes... Do they even MAKE maternity clothes anymore? I know that they do, because you can buy them online, paying exorbitant prices, but locally? Come on...

With the amount of pregnant women here, there MUST be a store that sells maternity clothes at a decent price, but I have yet to locate it... I highly doubt that all of these women are ordering their clothes online, or jumping on a plane to "the big city" to go shopping...

1 comment:

Lee said...

Now you see what I mean. What happened to all the maternity clothes? And why has Wal-mart stopped carrying (or never carried) maternity clothes? It makes no sense.