Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Waiting...

What am I waiting for, you ask? Well:

I'm waiting for the snow to stop... Yes, I'm aware that I live in Alaska, and it is winter, but after the holidays, the snow gets depressing... And it's been snowing all day today so the roads are crap and I'll probably have to shovel my way to my front door when I get home... (sigh)

I'm waiting for my work day to end... Yes, I am aware that I am spending the last 10 minutes I should be working on something personal, but "thems the brakes" (I don't know where I picked up that particular phrase, but it seemed appropriate in the moment). Once I get home, I'll be busy with dinner and school, so this is the only time I have to update everyone on my goings-on...

I am waiting for my ride... My husband took the car this afternoon and went to play at the hanger... Usually when he does this, he is about 10 minutes late picking me up from work, so I don't feel too bad about the other 10 minutes, referenced above...

I'm waiting for bed-time... I need a decent night sleep... Despite a headache last night, Aaron was well enough to chatter at me all night... Even when he could see that my glasses were off, my eyes were closed, and I was all snuggled in bed, he proceeded to carry on a conversation with me (after midnight, no less)... Yeah, as soon a I would just start to doze, he would demand an answer or response to something he just said, or something he just saw on TV... (sigh)... If I didn't love him so much, I probably would have smacked him...

I'm waiting for... uh... I think that's about it... At least, for the moment. It'll be nice once the post-final brain-hurt (I think I just made up a word... not quite a headache, but that mild grogginess that you get in your brain when it has been overworked... just sayin) is done and I can think clearly again.

It's almost time to go home... Where's my sled-dog team?

2 comments:

-SPW said...

Cute. We all slack off here and there!
Good luck with all your studies and exams!

Anonymous said...

I dont know how you do it! I have had 8 days of snow, and I cant stand it already! LOL