Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

My life, in review...

I had a very long list of things to do today... I didn't do any of them... Let's start from the beginning...

This morning, I woke up, got dressed, made a bowl of cereal and decided to start watching my Charmed complete series (I did not expect to watch the ENTIRE series today, but I did start watching it today)... That is when I discovered that my Collectors Edition "Book of Shadows" has a manufacturer's error and half of the discs are contaminated with glue. I have a few things I am going to try to remove the glue before I request replacements. So, that started my day.

That moved me upstairs to my computer, where I found out that others had the same problem. While here, I checked my previous classes for school to see if my final grade had been published for my second class. It had. I also completed that class with an A! (Yeah, I know... I rock!)

That kept me on my computer, doing a little celebrating, playing games on Facebook, reading other blogs...

And I got caught up in my own. I'm not sure just what inspired me to do this, but I read my blog from beginning to end. I've heard of stalking other blogs in this fashion, but your own? Does that mean I'm certifiable?

I had forgotten many things over the last year and a half... Many things I was pleasantly amused with. Sometimes, I think I'm pretty funny (or at least, I try to be). I also noticed that many things I set out to do are still undone. I never did achieve my goal of being back to a size 10 by 29. I never did completely organize my office. I still haven't gotten Aaron to clean up on his side of the bed before he leaves for work... It makes me think that I'm not as productive as I think I am or want to be... It's kind of depressing, actually... I'm not sure if it is due to my schedule or the fact that I am pretty lazy...

So reading about my life, as I wrote it, took up my whole day. I didn't do the laundry that I had planned to. I didn't clean my house as I intended to (while watching Charmed)... I didn't start clearing out my office... I didn't start reading my assignment for the week... I didn't do anything but reintroduce myself to myself..

Here's hoping that I am motivated enough in 2010 to accomplish SOMETHING that I have put "out there" on my blog... I want to say that I'll make that a goal, but I can see that my track record proves otherwise...

1 comment:

danette said...

congratulations on your grades!

lol, sometimes I like to go back and read my old blog posts too. Don't be too hard on yourself, you've had a LOT going on and a busy schedule!

Hope Aaron is feeling better, saw your note that he went back to work. Give him a hug for me when you see him next. Love you both!