Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Ready, set....

....... Sleep!

I wish... I've been really sleep-deprived this week... All the activity yesterday and today hasn't helped...

And we still have our Christmas tree up.... Ugh... I have a Pampered Chef party scheduled at my house at the end of the month and I have a feeling that I will end up taking it down by myself again. Aaron is feeling much better today, but he's still technically recovering, so he shouldn't do too much. He's also thinking of going back to work on Sunday, which means that all day tomorrow we'll be running around gathering what he needs to take to Bethel with him so we can get up at 5 AM on Sunday so he can catch the first jet to Anchorage... I abhor 5 AM on a Sunday... Sunday is the day of rest, and I don't get enough of it...

I started to take a nap this evening, while Aaron tried to get my anti-virus program to work. (I bought it 3 months ago and it won't get past the installation stage on this computer, but works fine on my netbook). True to form, as soon as I start dozing off, he comes in and starts talking at me... He expected a response too... Ugh... Whenever he wakes me up, it takes FOREVER to fall back to sleep, hence the sleep deprivation. I kind of wish he would get better and go back to work so I can get a decent night sleep... But that's just me being selfish.

How do you moms do it? I don't know if I could handle this level of exhaustion for long periods of time...

Sorry for the rambling, crazy, crabby, rant... As you can probably deduce, I am exhausted and will be turning my computer off shortly to try to get some sleep... We'll see...

2 comments:

PippaD said...

I survive by knowing that one day my kids will have kids of their own... not much help I know but it keeps me going!

Jen said...

AH... The mother's curse (or at least MY mother's curse)... "I hope you have kids JUST LIKE YOU! Then you'll know what I put up with raising you...) LOL.. Makes me laugh everytime she says it :)

And then once you have grandkids, you can spoil them rotten and send them home, thus perpetuating the mother's curse... Let the cycle begin!