Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

I actually had trick-or-treaters...

I think I had like 6 different (or at least I hope different) groups of kids. The first group was the cutest. It was a group of like 6 kids, all under the age of 4 in THE CUTEST costumes I have seen. One was an elephant, there was a knight, complete with a shining sword (that was probably almost as tall as he was... too precious), an angel, etc... I was kind of moronic, though. Not having much experience with the whole holiday thing, all I could say was "How Cute!" the whole freaking time.... There was no "Happy Halloween" or "What do we have here?" banter. Thanks to the genes I inherited from my mother, I really had to try hard not to cry when I saw the cute kids in their cute costumes... Thanks, Mom...

The others were all older kids, like upper elementary to middle school kids. The last 2 girls were dressed up as "The Cheetah Girls"... I thought that was pretty clever. They had on ballet tutus and cheetah patterned tights...

The best part about the evening was I got rid of all the Butterfingers that were hidden in the miscellaneous bag I bought... So now I am left with the ones I like and will eat...

Oh, and honey, if you are reading this, we had so many kids come that I ran out of candy, which is why there won't be any left when you get home in 2 weeks.... Please ignore the commentary above...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone - who shall remain nameless - pulled the bag of Butterfingers I got for the Trick-or-Treaters, too! Must be something about Butterfingers..... We only buy what we like, too, but this year we had over 80 kids!!! None of the high schoolers we usually get (no costumes-they just like candy), but the last half hour we had about 10 babies in strollers. Like THEY'LL be eating the candy. One was even asleep!