Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Catch Up

So I didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday. It happened to be pay day, so my normally free time was spent paying bills and grocery shopping for the month (I only get paid once a month). A's home this month, so I had to plan a lot more strictly than I do for myself on the menu. We won't have any expendable income until probably December, so we won't get to go out to eat as much as we usually do. I'm becoming the "dinner nazi" like I was when we lived in the bush of Alaska a few years ago. Growing up, my mom used to plan out our dinners a month in advance, and that worked really well keeping to a strict budget. I've tried that for me and A, but he changes his mind a lot on what he wants for dinner, so I stopped fighting it. Instead, I make a list of dinner options for the month and keep it on the fridge. When I ask him what he wants for dinner, he goes to the fridge and see's what's still available, and picks from those choices. Then, after we make it, we cross it off the list. We haven't done it this way for a while, but we'll see if it works in an environment where we have the temptation to go to a restaurant...

A got my office put together for me the other day... well, at least he got my desk set up for me. I have to work in there this weekend to get it a little more organized, and I think we are going to paint in there... I'll post pictures if/when we do...

Not much else going on... I'm posting from work, which if my boss saw me doing it, would probably result in a lecture or something, so I will continue this evening when I get home. I have to post about a new recipe I found a couple of days ago that we will be trying tonight since it is Wednesday...

3 comments:

Mandy said...

that is such a great idea ...posting menu items and crossing them off as you use them .. I dotn think I could do it for a month ... maybe a week ... but I love that idea ;)

have fun putting your office together though!!

Jen said...

A month is pretty tame for me... When we lived in Iliamna, I had to plan out 2-3 months worth of dinner options because we couldn't afford to go to Anchorage to stock up every month and we had no restaurant options there...

Mandy said...

I should look these places up on a map!!!!

I actually stocked up at the grocery store today ... we have got to start being more fiscally responsible in this house!!!