Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

My brain hurts...

Hi, my name is Jen.... (Hi, Jen!) It's been 1 day since I had a Diet Coke...

I made the conscious decision to (yet again) give up Diet Coke (this after drinking NOTHING BUT Diet Coke all weekend... Yup, that person who just emptied a 12 pk in 2 days, yeah, that was me)... So far, Advil (and copious amounts of water) has been enough to stave off the dreaded "detox" headache... At least, it was until I decided to fill my head with syllabi and reading assignments and calendar organization...

I could say that it is all my instructor's fault (for one of my classes), as the syllabus for that class was not available yesterday as it should have been (it wasn't attached to the message, and didn't get corrected until today), and as such, I wasn't able to know, in full detail, what my assignment is this week, and when it is due... Well, lucky me! I have an assignment due TOMORROW that requires a lot of reading and actual thought into preparing for it... Crap...

Yeah, I could blame it on my instructor, but it's probably more likely that the Diet Coke monster that lives in my head to at fault.

So, I'm giving up for the night... I have to have the assignment done and to my instructor by 11:00 PM tomorrow, so I'll have a few hours after I get home from work to formulate my responses. I'm so glad that the other class' assignment isn't due until Wednesday, and I already have that one done (or pretty close to being done...) I did that one yesterday while I was waiting for the other information to be made available...

I don't know what I was thinking that this would be easy... What a day to give up Diet Coke...

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I try and try to give it up...but I'm never successful for over a week. Good luck to you (this time :)

Rachel said...

Sounds like a day that you really needed that Diet Coke! Those headaches are the worst!

Vgerdeb said...

You can do it - hang in there!