Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Allergies Suck...

So, I had planned this weekend to do a thorough clean on my house, so that I can focus solely on my school work with minimal distractions until Aaron comes home on the first (and he can attend to the house chores). So I started clearing everything out of my bedroom (you have to start somewhere, right?).

First, my husband is disgusting... I keep threatening to make him clean up "his side of the bed" but he always finds some way to get out of cleaning... Like coming up with an activity we can do together (keeping me away from my own chores in the process) or going to fly with a student... (sigh)... Needless to say, that when we finally "finish" that room with furniture and paint, etc, we may need to replace the carpet.

Add in the dog, and my carpets were pretty stinky. I have some carpet powder that is designed to help lift pet hair and odors from the carpet, so I decided to use that to get rid of the weird smell... It worked fantastically! However, at about 10PM last night, I remembered why I stopped using it. I've been in full blown allergy attack mode since then... I didn't get much sleep, my face feel numb from blowing my nose so much, and I still have a lot of chores to do today. However, once in allergy attack mode, ANY smell (good or bad) will set me off... I can't drink coffee, I can't do laundry, I can't clean my shower, I can't wash my hair... unless I want to sneeze...

Mr. Man needs to come home so he can clean and I can take some allergy meds and check out for the day...

No comments: