Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

The Babysitters from HELL!!!

Shannon has requested that I give up my story about the pot incident. I'll try to make it as interesting and scandalous as I can...

While we were living in Hawaii, we were invited to visit Disneyland with my father and step-mother. We would be gone for 5 days. We knew no one in Hawaii who could/would watch our dog for us... So, we did a little research and found a service that finds homes to "foster" your dog while you are on vacation. We thought that it would be better for her to be in a home setting than to be in a kennel, so we went with that option...

And we regret it ever since...

First, they charged a whole lot of money...

Second, they fed her WAY too much food while in their care... We sent a bag that normally lasts us a month (it just happened to work out that way) and it was 3/4 gone... So they either fed her too much, or they fed our dog's food to the other dog(s) in their home... Either way, it's just wrong...

Third, I don't know what EXACTLY they did to her harness (I think that maybe they didn't take it off her, but I don't how it would have ended up this way) but it was TRASHED and frayed... We had a hard time taking it off her and haven't been able to use it since...

Fourth, she came home with a contact high... That's right, my dog smelled like pot... You could tell she was pretty out of it, definitely not herself. She hadn't seen us in 5 days and she didn't even try to jump on us... She just kind of stared at us... Definitely weird... She stank so bad, you would not believe it. Maybe she was fostered by Cheech & Chong? I gave her a bath and within an hour, she started to perk back up to her old self...

Unfortunately, the service that we used wouldn't tell us who watched her, as part of their contract, so we have no idea... I just wouldn't recommend them... It's a nationally franchised company, so I couldn't say for sure if you would have the same experience as we did, but the one on Oahu sucked... We didn't go on any more "vacations" while there... Just to avoid the whole situation...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got some of your money back!!!

Heather said...

That is the most awful thing. I hope the company is not using this sitter anymore, but I'm sure they are. Glad she's alright.

Shannon said...

That really is pretty funny... in hindsight - just glad your dog survived. : ) In my very limited pot experience, don't people get really hungry after smoking pot? Your poor dog probably DID eat all that food... Glad it all turned out OK.