Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Crazy couple of days...

This last week has been so busy for both my husband and myself. I've been working so much at work, that by the time I get home, I make dinner and then go to bed... No time or energy to get on my computer to change my header picture so it is correct...

A has done a lot of work on the plane this rotation home, more than either of us expected him to do. You can see some before and after pictures here. He's done a great job on it so far. All that is left is the seats and the window trim.

Yesterday, we celebrated our anniversary for this year. We got married on Leap Year, so it's not TECHNICALLY our anniversary, but 9 years should be celebrated...

We went to dinner at a really nice restaurant. We've eaten there before, when they were "Mediterranean". However, their menu has changed to primarily "Greek", which is fine, because I wanted lamb with cucumber/yogurt sauce anyway... It was really good. A had an exquisite rib-eye steak. He still had to do laundry before leaving this morning, so he did a load after we got home and we were going to watch a movie before going to bed... This is somewhere around 11:00 PM... We only made it through the first 30 minutes or so of the movie before I was falling asleep. (It was 2001 - A Space Odyssey, in case you are wondering...) We turned off the movie and went to bed...

Now here is where my frustrations start... A tends to save (or procrastinate) everything to the last minute... Packing his suitcase, taking a shower, you name it, he waits until he HAS to do it... It always irritates me because I like to be ready before hand so there is no threat of being late and you have some time to play with if you need to adjust your schedule... Whatever...

So, of course, he wanted to get on the first plane to Anchorage this morning (which means we have to get up at 5 to get ready, but didn't). I get up and I find him still packing. I'm dressed, ready to go, go warm up the car, and start taking the stuff that's ready to go out to the car... Anyway, we ended up leaving the house later than he wanted (by no fault of mine, BTW) and he was freaking out about missing the flight. I drop him off with plenty of time to make the flight... Then I head to the store to get a juice and then to my office... If I have to be up early on a Saturday, I might as well take full use of it and get some stuff cleared off my desk... Well, he calls me as I am trying to open the door to my office saying he forgot his batteries... Great... I rush over to the house to get his brick of batteries (if you shop at Costco, you'll know of which I speak) and rush back to the airport. In the mean time, he's been calling my cell phone like a frantic man, which I haven't been able to tell... There's something going on with my cell phone and it may need to be replaced... So the messages from him are like "Why do we even have cell phones if you aren't going to answer it? The plane is boarding in like 5 minutes..." etc... you get the drift...

I know he probably doesn't mean it this way, but it always seems in these situations that it is MY fault he didn't have his batteries in the first place, that I wasn't home when he called so that I could get them to him faster, that he MIGHT miss his flight... and so on and so on... I love my husband very much, but this morning I could have slapped him... Especially since there was no "Thanks" for bringing him is forgotten item, when I could have told him, hey, you're screwed...

Then, after I got back to my office, he called again and told me he made the flight and that he'd call me when he got to Anchorage... That's great, but again, where is the thanks that I deserve for not only getting up early when I could have told him to take a cab, and then rushing around to get him something he forgot and needed? (If you can't tell, I'm not exactly a morning person, and my venting/frustration is a product of lack of sleep and the early morning hour on a Saturday... If it were a more reasonable hour, I would probably be more forgiving of my husband's harsh attitude this morning...)

So this is one of those times where I will be happy he's gone, at least for a few days anyway... I gotta get back into my routine, and clean the house... I will probably start missing him around Wednesday...

I have a feeling that I will be so busy during this rotation that he'll be home before I know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear... all guys are the same aren't they? I don't know how some of it make it in the world when they are single with no girlfriends or wives to take care of them! :)

Shannon said...

HA! This makes me LAUGH! DH is leaving in the early AM and he is frantically trying to get laundry done that he said he would do before he can even think about getting packed. I am looking at batteries recharging in practically ever outlet in the house. My DH is the WORST procratinator. Drives me CRAZY. It really makes me wonder if he makes his show times. Anyway, like the new layout - I had stopped by briefly from PilotWives - looks very spring like.