Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Crappy End to a Crappy Day

It started with my alarm not working right this morning (apparently, I hit the wrong button in my sleep-induced haze). Had my friend not text messaged me at 7:45am, waking me up, I would have been late to work...

Then, the brain was fuzzy and I had to keep asking the first person who called me this morning to repeat themselves (especially their name... and this is someone I speak to on a fairly regular basis)...

Then I had coffee, to break up the brain fuzz... This made me jittery... Which made it harder to do the massive amounts of work piling up due to the time of year...

Then I couldn't find what I needed at the dollar store, so I actually have to venture out to WalMart at some point...

Then I received a box of crap for the airplane... Not a particularly heavy box, but one large enough to make it seem heavy and completely awkward to pick up by yourself...

I had help getting the box to my car, but not getting the box from my car inside my house... So I tried to get it inside and my grip slipped and the box ended up breaking one of my nails WAY past the quick... Blood dripping, me cursing... That was fun... Oh yeah, and now I have to buy another first aid kit because I forgot that I gave the one I usually have on-hand to the man (because he is MUCH more accident prone than I am, at least in my head he is)...

I decided to make a trial run of my mother's carmel. I'm going to a shindig on Saturday that I need to bring a dessert to... It was requested that I bring my Famous Oatmeal Cookies, but I didn't want to make a bunch for just a few people, so I decided that carmel would be interesting. If it works out OK, I can try to dip them in chocolate and sprinkle sea salt on top like I saw on the Food Network... We'll see... I hope they don't take away my pearls since I made the batch in my wok instead of a saucepan... I have been asked to bring some of the trial run to work tomorrow (since it is a work shindig) for everyone to try. If they like it, the'll green light the carmel. If not, I will have to make cookies... Well, I guess I don't HAVE to, but I have to see these people every day and I would rather not have them telling me they want me to bring more cookies on a regular basis. If they know I can make something else, they can mix it up a bit... Oh, and the reason for the trial run is so I could prove to myself that I can make candy... At least carmel... I can't make peanut butter fudge to save my life... At least I have an Aunt who makes really good peanut butter fudge and sends me some when I ask.

Wow... quite a rant/tangent... I should probably go to bed and look forward to doing it all again tomorrow...

1 comment:

Lee said...

I'm sorry you had such a crappy day. Here are some ((((HUGS)))) for you. I'll blog about my crappy day in a minute, so that you can read about it. Things will get better. Love ya.