Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What I've done (and get to do tomorrow...)

I started cutting Noni's hair... The night before a snow storm... Call me crazy, but I think she'll be just fine. Besides, she's not outside for more that 20 minutes at a time. I'm just clearing the hair from her face so she can see (and not bite me as a result of not being able to see), and so she stops "eating" her face fur... You know what I'm talking about... There was always some girl with long hair who would "eat" or suck on the ends of her hair... (yeah, it's kind of gross)... She's been doing that because it's too long on her muzzel and it gets stuck in her mouth... The only problem with trimming her face fur is that the rest of her looks so bad with long hair and her face short... So that's when I started trimming the rest of her. I got about half of her back done. I'll finish the rest tomorrow. Oh, and I'm doing this with a pair of scissors. She broke the last pair of clippers I bought, and I can't afford to replace them just yet...

Tonight, they are calling for 2 inches overnight, with anywhere from 3-5 inches tomorrow. When I first heard this, I thought, "Cool, it's going to snow..." Then, I got a call from the guy we will be renting hangar space from this winter (it's not available yet) to say he had a friend that we might be able to use his hanger to get the plane out of the snow... Then it hit me... A is gone... That means it falls to me to take time out of my busy day to brush snow off the plane... So I had to go buy a "soft-bristled" push broom, because the other hanger has just been built, but hasn't gone through the final inspection, so we can't use it right now... Great... Although, I guess having to constantly sweep snow of a plane is better than having to replace a landing gear that collapses under the weight of snow...

I cleaned up the frozen dog crap in the front yard. Decided I should probably do that before the snow hits... You know how they have those robots that will vacuum and mop your floors for you (Roomba, etc...)? Well, I think they should make a robot that will pick up the dog crap. I mean, they have those automated cat boxes... Too bad the dog is too big for a cat box... That would be awesome...

Tomorrow I get to go see the lady doctor. Oh joy... Nothing like the yearly "poke and prod"... Man, I really can't wait for that to happen [dripping with sarcasm...]

No comments: