Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Sorta Sucky Day...

So I started out my day at the Vampire's - I mean phlebotomist's - to get some blood drawn. I am pretty phobic about needles, so it is never a pleasant experience for me. She asked me if I wanted to lie down while she did it, but I said no... Just don't be worried if I start swinging my feet or making weird noises while you're doing it... I have to admit that they were pretty fast with the majority of the tests they were running on my blood. I had most of the results this afternoon. Basically, my cholesteral is not great, but not bad. The most worrysome part is my "good" cholesterol is WAY low, which is driving up my "cholesterol ratio"... So I have to go in next week to discuss what we are going to do to correct that. They also said they were getting conflicting information on a few tests, so I have to go back next week (once the Doctor determines EXACTLY which specific tests she wants run) to have more blood drawn... They want to know if it is the actual result or if the lab screwed up... Is it my month to be crapped on? Just checking...

So, enough gross stuff... Other than that, the day went OK... I was pretty busy at work... It was one of those days where you know you aren't going to get everything done, so you wish you could clone yourself so you can have help but not have to take the time to train anyone... That was me today.... Although it's been like that for a long while now, so I am so far buried in work that I don't know where to start. I wanted to go in this weekend to get it done, but my "overtime" wasn't approved. As I'm the only one in the office that isn't salaried, I don't get to do it. Which, on the one hand, is pretty good because that means they won't take advantage of me... But on the other hand, with covering 2 positions (the one I was originally hired to AND the one they promoted me to a while back), I'm not getting everything done... I hope they hire someone in the next few months so I can focus on the main portion of my work.

I had a realization today that it is almost the end of the year... Which signifies Tax Season... Which means I have to find where I put all those receipts for the move to Alaska so I can deduct them... As this was our most expensive move to date, I'd really like to deduct it, so I guess I'll be organizing my office sometime this month...

No comments: