Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

We are just flying fools!

One of my husband's hobbies is to make videos of what he does. Of course, most of his movies (with the exception of the one he made of the dog that I asked him to make) are aviation related. These are some ones that I'm fond of. He's got quite a talent for pairing the video with the appropriate sound track.

This first one is a movie he made of what he did for fun while we lived in Hawaii. It is one of his most favorite jobs he has ever had. He so loves to fly, and he had nothing but fun flying the bird-dog.



This second movie is one that he made from some old home videos he took MANY years ago, with an old video camera that sat on the dash of the plane. The first 2/3rds of the video is him flying his old Pacer, back in the time when I first met him. It shows a lot of the area that he flew in and the fun he had flying the old plane. The last third is some footage that he shot of me flying solo in my Tri-Pacer, on a day when I was practicing "touch'n'go's". The video quality isn't that great, due to most of the film deteriating while in storage, prior to being copied digitally. The footage of me is the only copy that we have of me flying, so you'll just have to put up with the green tinge to the video.



This last movie is one that he just recently shot while in Bethel on this last trip. This is what he does now, on a daily basis while away from home. It showcases the equipment that he flies, as well as the remote strips that he flies to.



I hope you enjoyed this little look into our lives. I may post some more videos that he's made. I think he's made one for every different job that he's had in aviation. I love them all, because his love of aviation comes out in the videos, and I am so proud of him. But, that'll be for another post.

No comments: