Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chicken soup...

There is nothing better when you don't feel well than chicken soup... I felt better today than I have all weekend, but I woke up with the same headache that I have had since Friday night. I know it probably has to do with the fact that I haven't really eaten much since I got the news about my grandma. So, today I ventured out and got some ingredients and made some chicken soup.

While it was cooking, I received phone calls from various family members. I was so great to talk to them after the initial shock. My aunt was the first one that I talked to. My grandmother lived with her and my uncle, so this has been really hard on her. We were able to get through the majority of our conversation without breaking down, so that must be progress. She gave me some pointers about the soup, and we spoke about my grandma.

I was able to eat my soup, and think about my grandma, and know that she loved me. She will always be with me. Her traditions will live on, and I will cherish the memories that I have.

I look forward to receiving her final gift to me. She intended to give it to me for Christmas, but hadn't been able to send it yet. It will be my most cherished item from her. My aunt will send it to me. But, she is keeping my grandma's secret. I have no idea what it is. I only know that it is a special gift, reserved just for her granddaughters.

No comments: