Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blah....

I've been so on edge lately... It seems that everything is pissing me off... To go with my rant about the lack of customer service in this world, we can add stupid, inconsiderate drivers to that list... We got our first "highway on/off ramp" here in Juneau last year... It seems that people don't know what to do when a car needs to merge into traffic, unless they think they need to speed up to race the car that's trying to merge, all the while flipping them off, etc... In that case, they're doing it right... Nice, huh?

I also had some irritation at work today involving our "local" office supply company... I can go online to order, but about half of the time, they replace the item that I really want with one they usually keep on hand (one crappy brand, by the way). Usually, I don't care, because it is generally cheaper... However, the last time I just "let" them substitute one item for another, they did not give me the equivalent... Long story short - they substituted "small" binder clips for "mini" binder clips... Not a big thing really, except to my boss, who won't use anything but the mini ones... Then I had to go through the hassle of exchanging them for the correct size... (sigh)... I didn't want to have to go through that again. I wanted paper clips this time, and they did substitute again... I prefer the smooth ones to the "non-slip" ones, and the substituted item didn't say one way or the other which it was... So I decided to call the customer service desk here to have them clarify before I finalized the order... I got the freaking run-around ON A FREAKING RECORDING for a LOCAL COMPANY!!!! Boy, was I steamed... It was during office hours, so it wasn't like they were closed or anything... It kept telling me to enter the first 3 letters of the name of the person I was trying to reach (at this point, the store manager) and it said that person didn't exist and my ONLY option was to leave a message in the general mailbox... No "hit zero for the operator"... Nothing but irritation!!! Just add this to my list of areas where customer service is lacking... Talking to a stupid machine that won't let you do anything when you need a person... Oh, and if you are wondering, I call this number all the time, and this is the first time I got a recording... So I guess it's "new". I may just go down there at my lunch time to give them a piece of my mind tomorrow...

On another note, I usually like to change the look of my blog every few months or so, especially to change with the seasons... I hadn't changed it all summer, due to the schedule I was keeping, between work and vacation... It is now fall - no, really, it is! The trees are turning orange :) - so I wanted to change back to what I did last fall... I am having trouble getting my background to show up properly, and I can't find the picture that I used last year for my header, so you'll just have to bear with me while I'm in transition... I'm trying to decide if I want to try to mess with the "old" one, or if I want to change to a new, fall inspired, background/header... So, until then, it will be "blah"...

No comments: