Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Migraines...

Bitter cold doesn't really help out a migraine. It didn't get much over 15 degrees Fahrenheit today. I stayed in at lunch today because I didn't want to have to scrape ice off my car. However, that meant that I had that much more to scrape off at the end of the day. I was blessed by another Monday Migraine today. The constant shivering and tension from the cold just made it worse. The edges of the migraine are just starting to recede now. Just in time to do some late night laundry and go to bed.

One of the benefits to a bitterly cold day is a beautiful day. The air was crisp and clear. The mountains were spectacular. From sunrise to sunset, I was amazed. I was also grateful for my warm office and clean windows to look out on the wonders. The night sky was also phenomenal. A sliver of a moon in a clear sky. A perfect night for viewing the Northern Lights, if there was more solar activity. I checked the forecast this afternoon, just in case, and it was low. In theory, we should be able to see aurora low on the horizon to the north, but I don't really feel like going out at 2:00 AM to view it.

I wish I had thought to take a picture to share the beauty with you all. Although, the camera probably wouldn't have done it justice. You'll just have to take my word for it, I guess.

1 comment:

Vgerdeb said...

Migraines stink! I hope you're feeling better today!