Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Discouraging Day...

Today was the day to pick out my new phone. After agonizing over it for the last month or so, I finally decided on the Blackberry Bold. Has all the features that I want with an interface that I like. So I headed down to the AT&T store to purchase one. Ever since AT&T came up here, their store has ALWAYS had a line out the door, especially at lunch time. I was expecting at least a 20 minute wait. Lo and behold, they were almost empty. One of their sales reps were waiting for the next person to walk in the door... It just happened to be me. I knew exactly what I wanted, so there was none of that "just shopping" crap... I walked in and said "I want a Blackberry Bold." To which the reply was "We are sold out. Can I offer you an iPhone? Or put you on the waiting list?" WTF!!!! I checked all the other stores in town that sell AT&T phones and NONE of them have my phone.... WTF!!!! I leave tomorrow night for a trip that I was expecting to use my BB on so I can still do stuff for work, and now I can't do that... They can't even tell me WHEN they are expecting to be restocked... Something about them only receiving from AT&T what they are projected to sell. They have 3 on the waiting list before me, and they don't know if they are even going to get enough to fulfill those orders... She said they could get 2 they could get 15, they don't know. Same deal at the other store... The only saving grace is that they expect a shipment in tomorrow that may have some in it. They are supposed to call me if they do. I'm only hoping that they do come in tomorrow so I can get it programed to check my work email... That's what I REALLY need it for. Otherwise, I don't know what I am going to do...

Another thing that irritated me today was something I saw on the Today show... Now, I don't normally watch it, but this morning I did. I also know that they do a lot of "fluff" stuff on the show, which I am usually OK with... But today, the big question on everyone's mind was "What is Michelle Obama going to wear to meet the queen of England?" Are you kidding me? The current state of this nation as it is and that is what is on everyone's minds? Seriously???

If you ask me, all the press around Michelle's "fashion sense" and Barack's late night talk show appearances are a smokescreen to distract us from what is really going on...

No comments: