Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Economic Re-structuring...

In these crazy economic times, I have found myself re-assessing my spending, specifically my automatic "memberships" to certain services...

Netflix - I will continue with this service as I love it. We can get practically any movie we want and we watch them all the time. Especially the older movies that the local rental place doesn't keep in stock. They are only good for new releases IF I MUST see a new release right away... Usually, I can wait. Its more fun that way. In the mean time, I get to enjoy old silent films and classics.

Sirius Internet Radio - I signed up for this over a year ago, because I was tired of my local stations playing Taylor Swift over and over and over again... I mean, enough is enough... But then, Sirius started playing Taylor Swift over and over and over again on the stations that I listened to, so it wasn't worth the cost. For what I spent on Sirius radio in the past year, I could have purchased hundreds of songs from iTunes and listen to that all day long. At least that way, I wouldn't have to listen to Taylor Swift. Because I can assure you, I will NEVER buy one of her ANNOYING songs, EVER! Long story short, I cancelled this today... I thought it was cancelled 2 months ago when I got a new credit card and they wouldn't let me use the internet radio because they had an incorrect card number on the account... Oh well, at least they credited me back for the most recent payment (last week). That'll help. (Seriously, it's not a dig at Taylor Swift, but I really did sign up for this initially to get away from her dreadful songs...)

I wish I didn't have to pay taxes this year... That would be so much better off financially...

I think this is the month that I will ACTUALLY eat what I have in my pantry. I spent too much in Chicago (a little more than I had budgeted, but I had a great time). I haven't gotten a Diet Coke in several weeks. I have been eating turkey sandwiches at work (instead of going to Subway to get one) and have been eating the leftovers in my fridge as opposed to going to McD's for dinner... If I have to go to the store, it will be for things like milk, cereal, bread, meat, cheese, raman noodles, etc... No "treats"... At least my new admin brings in candy to the office on a weekly basis. Apparently, her mom sends her butt-loads of candy for various reasons and she doesn't want her daughter to have it all, so she brings it to the chocoholics in the office... She's definitely an enabler.

Off to go heat up some spaghetti leftovers...

No comments: