Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hobbling through life...

I find it amazing that I can cause serious injury to myself and not know when I did it. At some point in time (probably around Sunday of last week) I did something to my ankle that got worse over time. I made an appointment to get it checked out, and turns out I sprained it... huh...

It reminds me of the time that I went to bed healthy and woke up with a sprained ankle... I suspect that I got my foot caught between my mattress and the wall and I rolled the wrong way while asleep. Here's the weird part... the pain didn't wake me up... Once asleep, I sleep so deep that nothing short of a major earthquake will wake me up (you can ask Aaron if you want to on that one... it takes him a while to wake me up when I am asleep). I woke up and got out of bed and tried to walk and I couldn't... It took several days before I was able to put weight on my foot...

This sprain isn't nearly as bad. I can still put weight on it, but the doctor has me taping my ankle for added support for a few days. She'll check it out again next week to see if it is getting better, then determine if I need to continue wrapping or if I need an x-ray. Until then, I'll be hobbling though life. : )

No comments: