Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

I've been MIA this week...

Apart from emailing pictures from my phone to my blog, I've been a little busy...

A left this week to go back to work. It was nice to have him home the short time I was able to. It's also reassuring that with him working the hours he's working, it will be beneficial to our vacation in a few months AND temporary. After the summer, he goes back on his regular schedule.

The weather here has been so lovely... It's supposed to start raining again tomorrow, but I think that's a good thing. It's been almost a week since any rain fell here and it is starting to get dusty...

I started a detox diet as prescribed by my doctor. I'm basically only able to ingest certain food (mostly raw veggies and fruits, brown rice, bland lean meat, etc) and with the supplements that I take (along with a pretty gross shake), I should be all cleaned out and detoxed by the end of 3 weeks... So far, side effects include a headache, which could be due to the fact that I'm so used to eating sugar and drinking caffienated beverages that my system is not happy... Kinda like a druggey kicking the habit, but a mini version. So far, it's escalated to a migrane by the time I went to bed last night. Today, it's a mild "almost there" headache... Hopefully it doesn't progress too far today and I have the energy to do housework and stuff... I was warned that I would feel like CRAP for at least 1 week while I'm detoxing... Great!

Noni is afraid of the outside... She has been at work with me all week (since I'm working TONS of hours) and I put her out on her leash on our front porch at work... She FREAKED OUT! Yelping and whining to come back inside... Once inside, she went and hid behind a half-wall behind my desk until I shut the door... She may have seen a bee (which I know she's afraid of), as she freaks out like that when she does... But now she won't go outside without me... ARGGHHH!!! If I have the door open, she lays behind my desk as if it is a shield... So far, she only does this at work... I haven't tested the behavior at home...

Now I'm off to go enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

2 comments:

GeronimoDriver said...

Noni is strange...

Hey Noni, who's a normal dog?

Not you, but your close...

BTW, I like the slideshow.

Vgerdeb said...

The slide show is GREAT!! And I'm proud of you for sticking to the detox diet. You go!!