Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Whistle Whining and Other Frustrations...

Three weeks ago, Lijha broke her outside toe on her back left leg. I know, it hurts... I know, you can't go run around like a freak right now... I know you want to go for a walk... I know you are frustrated... Please, for the love of God and for the sake of my sanity, find a different outlet for your frustrations... Whistle whining makes me want do things that are not acceptable in normal society...

Before she broke her foot, she would do the typical German Shepherd whistle whine at inopportune times... It made me want to say "If you keep whining, I'll give you something to whine about"...

And, no, I wasn't the one who broke her foot...

Common courtesy request: If you are sick, stay home... I don't need to be sick (again)... Just because you don't want to take a sick day, even when you accumulate 2 days a month, that doesn't mean that you should get everyone else sick. BTW, telling me that you are going to stay in your office to keep everyone else from getting sick doesn't mean squat when you have to pass by my desk to go to the bathroom or enter/exit the building (my desk is in the entrance to the building)... If you "can't" take a sick day because of your work load, that is when technology comes into play... Log in to GoToMyPC and transfer your desk phone to your cell - With everything in our office going paperless, problem solved.

When you stay home when sick, you give your body time to rest so you can get over the illness faster and you keep from contaminating your co-workers... Just FYI...

(cough, cough, sneeze, hack, snort) - Yeah, that's thanks to my lovely co-workers who don't want to take a sick day... Thanks guys... Just what a chronic bronchitis/asthma/allergy patient needs... I'm not feeling well, and I can't tell if it is because of everyone else or I'm having an asthma attack or if my bronchitis is coming back...

Too bad my boss won't let me work from home (apparently, my job doesn't allow me to work remotely)... I could isolate myself from all the other sickies and keep myself from getting it.

No comments: