Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Day After Thanksgiving

I was invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner last night, and was asked to bring the dessert. Of course, I had to bring the family favorite, Pumple Pie. I also brought the rolls. All in all, it was a good dinner, and wasn't devoid of drama... When you have the first "married" Thanksgiving for a couple, parents in attendance, a house-guest who totaled your car the week before Thanksgiving and an uninvited guest, you have the makings for a very memorable Thanksgiving (unless you are one of the people who got completely blitzed, much to the entertainment of the others... you might not remember so much). Throw in a couple of dogs, and you have a party!

I did not participate in any Black Friday rituals... The only store worth going to here has the best deal... 50% off all socks! Woo-hoo! Lets head on down there!!! I so wish to stand in line at 4 AM just to get some socks! I wish we had a Target or a Kohls, but we don't. Walmart is a complete joke in this town. It's a Supercenter, but the same size as a regular "old" Walmart, so they stock a lot of stuff, but not as much as you would think... I tried to get some winter clothes here when I first moved back several years ago (because I was coming from Hawaii, and I left all my cold weather clothes in Utah) and couldn't find ANYTHING... It was extremely frustrating...

I did eat some left overs from dinner last night. I did not escape my friend's house without some turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy... I had some pie already (I ended up making 2) so I let them keep the other one. I had a lot of pumpkin pie filling left over from yesterday, so I googled some recipes for it... The easiest one I found was to bake it as is without a crust and eat it like a pudding... So that's what I did (it's my favorite part of the pie anyway). I just took it out of the oven, so I haven't tasted it yet. When I do, I'll tell you all about it.

Aaron comes home on Tuesday. We'll have a short Thanksgiving dinner as a couple then. We'll also put up Christmas then. I'm going to have to look up Rachael Ray's 1-Hour Thanksgiving Dinner recipe. I watched it several times this week, and now that Aaron wants me to cook him some turkey, I'll give it a try.

Bring on Christmas!

No comments: