Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Disgusted...

Once again, I am disgusted with the mainstream media... If it's not bad enough that the "country" is rivited by what Michelle Obama is wearing today, or what Bo the White House Dog did today, more trivial Obama stuff is surpassing real news...

I should know better than to watch NBC for my news. This morning, the day after tax day, the day after all the organized Tea Parties around the country, they chose to say about 10 seconds worth of stuff regarding the tea parties, then proceeded to tell us all about Mr & Mrs Obama's tax return... Seriously? I would rather hear about how well the protests worked in the different areas... I mean, this is what this country is greatest at. Organizing ourselves into one voice to be heard... It worked for civil rights, and women's rights, etc... Let alone the grand-daddy of them all that became the Revolution that created this country...

While I didn't participate in any Tea Party protests (I looked, but there wasn't one organized in the liberal city I live in), I do agree with what they are protesting about. And it goes beyond Obama... He's just the straw that broke the camel's back... For years, government has been packing it on with excess spending at the expense of the people... All in the name of "the greater good." I'm sorry, but they don't see the big picture if they think spending millions/trillions of taxpayer's money is "for the greater good." They don't understand that the people in this country is what makes it great. It wasn't FDR that brought us out of the great depression, it was WWII and the unity of the people standing behind one cause and working for one goal... But they want to polarize us into left/right because they know the truth behind "united we stand, divided we fall."

I guess I'll just have to keep my TV tuned to Fox News in order to get THE TRUTH reported, and not some stupid fluff stories that are being used to disguise what is really happening in Washington... If that makes me a "nut-job", then so be it...

1 comment:

GeronimoDriver said...

According to a recent report issued by the DHS, you (and I) are now officially considered right-wing extremists. As such, we are labeled potential terrorists, you should read that report, it'll get you all riled up.