Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!

A and I normally go flying on the 4th, to celebrate our freedom to do so. Well, he is flying, I am not. But that is ok. It's a fairly pretty day here in Juneau, so he should be having a good time. Although it is very busy there today (they are the only airline open on the holidays).


Last year, for the 4th, we went to Pearl Harbor and toured the USS Missouri. It is amazing and humbling to be in that place on such a special day. Without the sacrifices the members of our military make every day, we would not be the nation we are, with the freedoms we have. You cannot go to Pearl Harbor or stand on the teak decks of the Missouri without feeling something for the men who served there. You cannot step foot on the floating Arizona Memorial without being moved by the sacrifices made there by those men on that December day. I know that I cannot go to a military base without a feeling of gratitude for the men and women in the service.

I want to express my thanks to the members of the military for everything they do every day.

No comments: