Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

I see the light...

... at the end of the tunnel! I have less than 3 weeks to go before I get my Associate Degree! I am excited, and exhausted at the same time...

The last few weeks of my final class (Algebra) are very complex and time consuming calculations. I've always been able to process the equations and such, so they are not really hard, but it can take 15 minutes to work through a complicated equation... Most of the time, when I get an answer wrong, it is because I didn't enter the answer in the EXACT way it wants it... Like, this evening... I spent 30 minutes working a problem and getting frustrated when the answer I came up with wasn't correct... After working through the tutorial for the problem, I found out that I DID have the answer correct, but it was missing a comma... A FREAKING COMMA!!! Seriously? And, once I found out that the problem I worked was correct, the program gave me a different problem to work in order to get credit for it... I had to spend another 10 minutes solving a new problem... (sigh)... I'll be so happy when this class is done.

I thought that 4 hours would be PLENTY of time to get my assignment completed and turned in on time, but it wasn't... It was turned in 15 minutes late, which is an automatic 10% reduction in my grade.

2 comments:

Shea said...

Hey there =) I'm glad I came across your blog! I'm a pilot's wife as well...and brand new to blogging!

Following you now... I love reading about other pilot wives!

Breckan said...

Math makes my husband crazy. It makes him so mad that his answer has to be "exact" (after he's worked so hard... like you said). It's what's holding his degree up!